November 5, 2007

For the love of a good road...

Smoke on the Highway


I set out on so many differing routes constantly looking for that perfect road. Scenic views, sweeping curves and twisties are what I always look for. I found the trifecta yesterday. HWY K/C from Bonne Terre to Weingarten more specifically the HWY C part. I didn't take pictures, trust me I will go back and I will.. But my first experience was like falling in love for the first time.. *sigh*

Pete and I started at 270/30, met Jerry in Hillsboro. Followed 21 south to HWY 47 east. HWY 47 east of 21 is wicked but.... HWY K/C to 32 is freaking awesome. Hwy C has supplanted Route O in Callaway County as my favorite Missouri road now. I was dying to ask Pete and Jerry to turn around and ride it again once we got to HWY 32.

If you have never been on this road you are missing amazing scenery with sweeping curves and great twisties!

We stopped in Ste. Gen for lunch at the Old Brick House. After lunch went down to the river and then back home up 61. 61 is a great ride.

Was a great 7 hour ride through the back roads of beautiful Missouri. Lots of bikers out today. Was great at one point Jerry was leading a pack of Harleys doing about 80. I kept watching this one guy turning and looking at Pete and I. Was cracking me up..

Someone knows I hate having my picture taken so he got the look


No comments: