November 13, 2007

A Day of New Discoveries

Did you know there are buffalo in St. Albans? Did you know there is a cemetery in Babler State Park? No? Well me either.



I keep thinking well today is the last nice day of the year for a ride but each day keeps bringing very nice riding days. So who am I to argue? Headed out early to Babler State Park. Was very nice with the leaves falling. After Babler I thought I would ride over to Rockwood and see if the creek rose with the rain we had. Felt like I was in a bad episode of Vacation. Ranger at the gate said sorry the park is closed... huh, park is closed? For managed hunting... sigh.

Flutter in Babler State Park

Looking at where one came from can be so nice - Melrose Road


After leaving Melrose I went over to Hwy T and started my journey to Labadie. As I started to climb the hill that divides St. Albans I looked over to the left and saw buffalo.. I saw what my mind said... yup buffalo!

Do you really see me?

I rarely think much when I ride, I just ride. Today, I kept thinking about what I would be doing on a day like today if I did not get my scooter. My scooter has opened my eyes to so many things. When I first got my scooter I enjoyed riding alone, I still do on the odd occasion but this year I have found many people that I throughly enjoy riding with.

I am learnig to ride in inclimate weather with some cautious confidence so who knows what this winter will bring.



Me on Melrose Road, shot with my camera not my camcorder. Turned out better than I expected.




Me at Babler, do I sound a tad nervous when I see the leaves?

1 comment:

scoman said...

Awesome pics and vids looking forward to seeing you at the next St. Louis scooter club meeting.