September 18, 2007

Three Rivers Ride

Waiting to cross the Mississippi via the Golden Eagle


Took a small 210 mile trip today as it was way to nice outside! Ending up being a tad longer than I planned as I went down some roads around Pike County to see where they went (yes Pete, I stayed out of jail)

Crossed the Missouri, Mississippi and Illinois Rivers on my trip today. Saw lots of farmland, had some good catfish for lunch and just general fun with the scooter and camera.


On the ferry there was a huge grain truck fully loaded. I was like cool they always let
motorcycles off first. There is a HUGE hill off the river up into Illinois. The girl opened the ferry gate and held me back and let two cars go, I was like damn, not only damn, hell no... I raised my helmet and said, I wanna go in front of the dump truck, she said they go really fast you need to be behind. I said I will be at the farmer's market 5 miles down the road before he gets up that hill. The truck didn't move he knew I wanted to go before him. She waves me through and says ok, don't say I didn't warn you. I said thanks for your concern and smiled.

I was at the farmer's market, had gone to bathroom and bought two apples when the grain truck came by.


Great River Road in Illinois


Atlas, Illinois

Bent over to tie my shoes sand saw myself



No comments: