August 3, 2007

Road Rage

I have never really been one to get road rage when I drive my car. Of late I have been finding myself getting more and more mad at other drivers when I ride my scooter. Maybe because I am so defensive when I ride my scooter.

Yesterday I rode into work via Manchester Road. I had two Porsche along the route, both with dealer tags. They were constantly running in and out of traffic and one cut within a few feet of me to be first in line at a red light. All that moving in and out of traffic and they went no where any faster than me. I was going to follow both into the lot and say something but I figured it would be wasted on the two idiots.

When I got to work, I called the dealership. I asked for the general manager. He called me back about 3 hours later and I gave him both car tags, times they were on Manchester and descriptions of the cars. I also told him to tell the guy in the Boxster instead of picking his nose he should use his blinker more. The GM was apologetic and said he would speak to both salesmen.

Probably a tad overkill but it bothered me that much..... Ok, as I stewed all day about this I have come to realize people are just stupid and I just have to go back to driving defensively without going to the point of rage or getting myself upset.

It's amazing how much more stupidity you see when on a scooter than you normally do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are 100% accurate. I have become acutely aware of other people driving like horse's *sses every since I got back on 2 wheels. My 2 primary gripes are people on cell phones when they drive (absolutely oblivious) and people making U-turns in the middle of the block or directly out of a parking space without looking.