August 9, 2007

New Helmet and Hot Dogs

I picked up my new helmet today at ETS.


In the sole interest of research I rode around town a bit and ended up at Woofie's. Of course I had to check it out fot the scooter club evening ride next week!

The helmet I got is the Fulmer AFM Modus, Red Thrust with the Fire (red) shield.

The fit was a tad bit more comfy than my HJC AC-12 Yikes III. It weighed a tad more than my HJC. Wind noise at a lower speed was more than my HJC but not annoying.

On the side roads everything was great, was nice to be able to lift the face when needed. I jumped on Hwy 40, up to about 60mph everything was fine, at 65-70mph I noticed a little lifting on the helmet

The air intake on top of the helmet is not as nice as the HJC, I can really feel the air come into the HJC and go across my head and exit..

I liked the air intake at my mouth better than the HJC, can really feel it come in.

The fire shield takes a little getting use to, it is totally different view than my mirrored HJC shield. Like my HJC mirrored shield I did not need my sun glasses.

Changing the shield on the HJC is way easier than the Fulmer, but in time I will get it down.

For a summer alternative to my full face, I am pleased with the choice I made. Thanks Matt :)

On a sidenote I rode down to ETS with a half shell, talk about uncomfortable. Maybe it is because I am so use to my full face but all that wind and noise was unbearable. I never was above 40mph and it was ugh...

No comments: