August 5, 2007

Hardin Trip with Scooter Club

7 of us hooked up at 370/Earth City Parkway North. Carolyn on her new shiny BV500, Matt on his new shiny Vespa 250GTS, Sandy’s Uncle Jerry on his new shiny Bergman then rest of us on our old clunkers Wink Wade, Mike, Sandy and myself.


We headed over the 370 to route 94, and up to the Grafton Ferry. We crossed over into Illinois and road up to Pere Marquette via the Great River Road. After a brief stop to take in the vista view, we headed up to Hardin. Turned right and went north of Hardin to the Barefoot Landing (Wade knows all the hot spots)

Yummy food, I had fried chicken livers, they were awesome.

Afterwards and straight shot down through Calhoun County towards the ferries. We made a brief stop at the farmers market in Brussels. I got some really nice looking sweet garlic pickles.

We separated from there, with one portion of the group heading back to the Golden Eagle and onto the Bass Pro Shop. Wade, Matt and I headed over to the Brussels Ferry and went down the Great River Road, through East St. Louis to St. Louis. Wade was sweet enough to bring us across the bridge where we all parted company.

Awesome ride today, even better company.

Lesson learned today; before you start talking in a restroom, make sure the person you are talking to is there….



Hardin Pictures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Paul McAdamis, and I started a club for scooter riders in Springfield IL several months ago.

I've had an amazing response to my initially small (two guys and their girls) club. We were covered in The Illinois Times and The State Journal Register in the past several days, and we are planning bigger and better things for the future (there were 16 scooters out with us last Sunday).

Would any of you guys be interested in a state wide scooter round up? I think it would be cool as all hell to have a massive campsite full of scooters and their owners.

I've seen pictures of some pretty massive gatherings on scoot.net and I think it'd be pretty damn cool to get something big going for this summer ....maybe August to give everyone a chance to plan accordingly.

Our website is springfieldscooterclub.com, and our write up in the State Journal Register can be found at http://www.wickedlocal.com/il-springfield/features/x833726258/Lets-scoot-Hit-the-road-on-a-motorized-bike

Shoot me an email, call me, or sign in to the "guestbook" page on our website and leave a message.

Scooters are he way to go, and I think they are the wave of the future in the current economy.....let me know if any one is interested in a big Illinois scooter rally.