July 17, 2006

Dale Chihuly - Glass in the Garden


Rode down to the Missouri Botanical Gardens this morning. Before hitting the Gardens I dropped by Extreme Toys and scheduled my first maintenance visit.

Basically took Clayton to Lindbergh to Manchester. After I left Extreme Toys, I took Manchester to SouthWest all the way to Shaw. Parked under a tree in the Garden's lot.

I have seen Dale Chihuly's work before in California, it was in a gallery setting. At the Garden it is housed in the Climatron as well as through out the grounds. I was amazed at the way the exhibit looked in the Climatron... ones imagination can run wild! The glass fit in perfectly!

I found Monday early a great time to be there. Was not crowded at all and allowed me a slow move through the Climatron while I gawked and took pictures. I am already planning a trip back down one evening, I was told the glass at night is awesome!

Click on the link to see the pictures I took:

Click on any picture on the lefthand side to advance or sit back and enjoy the slideshow.

http://www.stlphins.com/BG-II


No comments: