July 13, 2006

Back Out to Castlewood

I was back out to Castle Wood this morning. I left a little earlier this morning, 6:30am. I was hoping to catch some wildlife this morning and I was not disappointed. Saw hundreds of cardinals and other birds as well as squirrels, rabbits and a few deer. Note to myself, need jacket before sun is really up..burrrr!

I am sure I will tire soon of riding to CastleWood but it is such a great ride especially early in the morning. I was reflecting on the picture above. This is where the 4 children from the same family drowned last week. Such a beautiful place but sad place. I will admit when we were kids we did swim here..Well more like teenagers. I consider myself an above average swimmer and the Meramec can be a treacherous place.. even for an experienced swimmer, let alone those than can not swim.



Sunlight hitting the trees near the bank.

I was patient enough for the baby to finally emerge from the woods with his Mom. I could see him through the thick vegetation wanting to come out. After standing still for about 2 minutes he popped out.


Today I will ride into work.. going to be a beautiful day!

No comments: