April 23, 2008

A Milestone - 10,000 miles

There is no love

like

your first love

Flutter flipped 10,000 miles this morning. Of all the great places she and I have been, ironically she flipped to 10,000 @ 141 & Manchester.

I have no doubt I am biased but Flutter is the coolest damn scooter ever built. I will never forget buying her. Mike at ETS said let me show you this Kymco Bet Win 250cc in the back. I remember thinking, what the hell kind of name is that? The minute I saw her it was love at first sight. Within 3 minutes I handed him a check.

As I rode into work after she passed 10,000, I reflected on how much this scooter has changed my life. I have been places I would have never gone. I have seen things I would have never seen without her. I have cultivated what I hope will be life long friendships that I otherwise would not have.

Even with the new 650 in the garage, I still have this deep affection for my first. I could go on to own the much coveted DN-01 or the MyRoad 700i but there will never be the same love like my first love.

Like I always tell Pete and Ed… it’s the red scooter!


Flutter at the Butterfly House

1 comment:

Touring Motorcycle exhausts said...

Awww' She is absolutely beautiful! I like her already. I also have this crazy love for my Vespa. She sees me through hard times and good times.