April 15, 2008

It's Monday and NO RAIN!!

No Climbing - Bella in Klondike Park


It's Monday and no rain??? So a ride was in order. I had no idea really where I was going so I just rode. After I started, I decided to ride out to Jon's Kymco dealership in Marthasville.

Was a day of stopping and taking pictures. There was even an unexpected stop.

Wild Horse Creek


I headed out to Wild Horse Creek, I really opened the 650 up on all the twisties. Head over to the Devil's road as Kevin likes to call Ossenfort. I was clipping along pretty well when I look and see a St. Louis County policeman running radar!

He motions me over, I pull into the drive he was in. He asked me to remove my helmet and turn off the bike. He says to me, do you know how fast you were going? I said honestly no but I am sure it was fast. He said does this have a speedometer? I said uhh yeah it does. He said you were doing 62 in a 25.. I said wow really? He asked me again if it had a speedometer. Now mind you I have always been good at talking my way out of tickets but this time I knew I was screwed so I didn't even begin to talk my way out of this one. He said you have a license and insurance? I said yeah, got it out. Then he said you been on this road before, I said yeah 1,000's of times I live out this way. Then he looks at me and says I have no idea why but I am not going to write you a ticket. ( I thought to myself I have no idea why you are not either) He says to me Ms. Madonia ride through here again like that it will be a different story. I said thanks sir, I appreciate it. I took a picture of a horse in a field across the street got my helmet on and left.

Ok onward up rest of Ossenfort to Hwy T to Labadie. I stopped for lunch at my all time favorite Monday place for my all time favorite lunch.

Hwy 47 Bridge in Washington


Farmland in Marthasville


After lunch I rode into Washington then hit Hwy 47 to Marthasville. I found Jon's shop on Hwy 47 in Marthasville and stopped in for a visit. Super nice guy with a very nice shop. He even has helmets :) I resisted the urge and didn't buy this very nice HJC helmet. We will have to plan a ride out for you all to see his place. Jon does all the shop work and sales. He sold an Agility and a Grand Vista this past week!!

Missouri Wild Thistle


Afterwards, I headed back in Hwy 47. I decided to go down and see the Daniel Boone Memorial off of Hwy 47. Glad I did a very nice spot!

Daniel Boone Monument



Back on Hwy 47 o Hwy 94. Went into Augusta for a quick look see down by the river. After I was back on Hwy 94 I decided to stop at Klondike Park. I have rode by this park 100's times and always wanted to stop. I am so glad I did, this place rocks!

I hiked up the hill to a scenic overlook, very very nice. Even saw a wild goat up there, I guess it was wild but he did have a tag on his ear. He was friendly. Afterwards road over to the lake. Appears this was some sort of quarry? Super nice place and will be a place I return to again soon!

Quarry Lake at Klondike Park



Goat at Klondike Park



Afterwards Hwy 94 to Hwy 40 to home. 99.2 miles logged. Fantastic day.

4 comments:

Lady R (Di) said...

Wow, you have great roads with beautiful landscapes! I enjoy looking at other areas of the country. I'm thinking you must have been grinning from ear to ear when the cop got you. He must have not wanted to ruin a good day! Lucky you! Enjoyed the pics! Lady R

Maggie said...

Thanks, Lady R! I love getting out on the back roads in Missouri, I am always surprised when I find something new!

Pete said I didn't get the ticket because I am a girl. I know he was surprised when I took my helmet off and I was female. Whatever the reason I was happy!

The rest of the day I behaved a bit more :)

Crusty said...

LOL, yes being a female does have advantages (batting your eye lashes and smiling must have did the trick)...your lucky, chances are I would have been cuffed and stuffed!-Crusty

Touring Motorcycle exhausts said...

That means only one thing; a crazy adventurous ride in the sun! i love the roads and i want the goat. yeeaah!