December 31, 2007

Looking back at 2007

"Here's to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold."
-- Anonymous

I will remember 2007 as the year I really learned to appreciate my scooter. I will remember '07 as the year I made many new friendships and gained some great riding partners. I will forever hold very fond memories of many great trips with my new friends.

I learned to appreciate the states of Missouri and Illinois off the interstate. I discovered Rocheport, MO via a scooter, not once but five times. If there is a town in Missouri that holds more charm than Rocheport, I have yet to find it. But I am looking!

I learned getting off your scooter at 30 mph is not cool. Let's not do that again.

I learned to ride in the rain, well a torrential downpour @ 55 mph even :) I learned just because a sign says road closed it doesn't really mean it is...

Last Ride 2007

To close out 07, Pete and I road 125 miles to Bonne Terre via Ste. Genevieve County. Got to ride Hwy C again, this road is easily my favorite road I have found in Missouri. (My apologies to Route O in Calloway County) The elevation changes combined with the twisties and sweeping curves makes it perfect road to ride in my opinion.

When we stopped in Bonne Terre, I got slightly cold. Pete asked me how far are we from home? For some reason I started getting cold, so of course this was all HIS fault ;)

Actually the wind picked up when we came across HWY C. From 47/21 I think I burned more gas in my scooter than I ever have especially between Hillsboro and 141/21. Once we got to the new 21 we did 80mph from Hillsboro to 141. I was just dying to get home and be warm.

Still getting use to the action cam, it is not mounted yet, still have it on my left grip.




I am hoping once the sun is at a better angle and I have the action cam mounted in a more stable position the quality will come up a bit. But its not bad.

Scenic Overlook at Bloomsdale



I took so many pictures this year that is hard to pick a favorite. But if pressed it is this picture at Sandy Creek. The story behind this picture will always make me smile....


So onward to 2008!
Felice Anno Nuovo!!

1 comment:

American Racing Wheels said...

Great 2007 memories. And i have the best memory for 2007; The year when i bought my beautiful scooter. And named it Rockie! Good piece.