July 5, 2009

South Dakota - Day Six

Badlands Part II

Yes we did the Badlands on the way into the Black Hills but in the RV. I really wanted to go back so Pete could really enjoy the entire Byway.

We headed out of Custer and took the fun way across 244 to 16 to 44. 44 is a Byway in itself that parallels I-90. Pretty straight but great scenery across the prairie land and through the north and south sections of the Badlands.

We took a break on a bridge across the Cheyenne River. The landscape is so different from the Black Hills but just as gorgeous in it's own right.



After leaving the Cheyenne River break we climbed a small hill then after wards it was pretty straight into the Interior, SD.

Pete and I communicate via Scalas, there are times when we will not say much and just take in the scenery. I look in my rear view and the DN-01 headlight is a small spec way back. I slow down to about 45mph and the spec grows a little so I stop. Pete rolls up beside me and I re- establish our Scala connection and said, everything ok? He said everything is perfect but I am not riding across this beautiful scenery at 90mph, I want to enjoy it. Opps :)

We roll into Interior and stop for gas and lunch at the Cowboy Corner. YES! Special of the day is sloppy joes!


After lunch we do the entire Badlands byway again. Worth every mile!



After the Badlands we head back in to Wall and come home via I-90. At one point we hit some crosswind doing 80mph and I lost my rear bottom fairing on my Burgman.Ii say to Pete don't stop, screw it, to dangerous.

Ordering a new one is better than having him out on the Intestate getting it back. The previous owner of my bike had painted it. So now I will order the replacement piece and this will make me paint the entire bike. Something I have wanted to so anyway. Now to pick a color. I am leaning towards metallic hunter green with the color flakes.... We shall see.

For now I am riding a half naked rear bike, actually doesn't look half bad. Maybe I can get Ron the mad scientist modder to do something I have in mind ;)


Great day, 270 (s)miles of outstanding riding!

Came back to the RV and slept 12 hours :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stlscooterclub/sets/72157621009427170/show/

1 comment:

Touring Motocycle Tires said...

Right now i am absolutely jealous! that scene is just amazing and beautiful! And the elegance of your bike sums it all up! I like! I love!