July 5, 2009

South Dakota - Day Seven & Conclusion

Today we rode over to Wyoming. Headed west on 16. We were not sure what to expect since we were riding away from the Black Hills.

What a great ride!!! The road near Jewel National Park totally kicks ass. Especially at Hell Canyon,

We stopped for pictures of the Welcome to Wyoming and South Dakota signs. While moving over to the South Dakota sign a family walked up. I offered to take the family photos. We asked them where they were from and they said St. Louis! i said no way so are we. They were from Wildwood. Had spend a few days in Custer and were headed over to Yellowstone! Damn small world! I had forgot to mention when we were at the Mt Rushmore night lighting ceremony the man we sat next to has moved to Iowa but was from Ballwin!




The afternoon found us resting in the RV as some small showers had set in. Riding in the Black Hills in the rain wasn't something I wanted to experience.

After a nice nap we decided since it was Wednesday night and our normal Wednesday nights at SLSC meeting/ride that we would do a Northern SLSC ride. Since I am to lazy to report that part, I will direct you here for that part:

http://stlphins.com/slsc/index.php?topic=652.msg7119#msg7119

One of the last places we rode to on the bikes was Crazy Horse. As I previously have mentioned Pete and I were so moved by the entire Crazy Horse Memorial. We will be come regular donors to the cause. ..and of course go back!




That basically concludes our time in Paha Sapa (Sioux for Black Hills) I have left out so much from our trip not to bore our readers. But it is suffice to say we had just a grand time. We will be going back in no time to the Black Hills. Pete and I loved the area. If you ever have a chance to go, do yourself a favor and go! Even if you are in a cage you will have a great time.

On the way out of South Dakota, we headed south to do the off Interstate way home. One of the last things we saw was a heard of Buffalo! It is funny cause my friend Vanessa sent me a text saying don't forget my buffalo pictures missy! I swear no longer than I was laughing and reading this to Pete, this heard appeared!!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/stlscooterclub/sets/72157620875004645/show/

8 comments:

DMV Hours said...

We went there (Black Hills) for a good long drive. Nice to hear you went there. Looking forward to read more on your blog.

Scooter said...

Just discovered you blog. What a wonderful set of images. Thanks for sharing.

Motorcycle Jackets said...

I like the bike pictures
Motorcycle Jackets

motorcycle clothing uk said...

Nice pictures! Nature is really awesome. I haven’t been to the Black Hills but because of you and your blog, I am definitely making the area one of my must-see places this year. Thanks for sharing.

Mark said...

nice pictures,you had a awesome tour with your bike,Very nice blog,i will be back shortly.thank you

Givi Luggage said...

absolutely awesome photos

Givi Luggage said...

awesome pictures, really make the blog complete :)

Touring Motocycle Tires said...

Black Hills looks like such a cool place to go to especially riding on a bike. And from the way you give the narration, i feel like i have been there too.