January 15, 2009

Now this is a Polar Bear Ride

Last night at our St. Louis Scooter Club meeting, Steve (Snake) and I started talking about how cold it was to be the following morning. I said, I would really like to go get a picture down at the Commerce Bank with my scoot when it hits single digits. Steve looked at me and said are you nuts?? I was like well yeah....

He said, I think I will try to ride as well. I said sure Steve... Now one would think a dude named Snake is mean as well a snake right? Well Steve is the rider that complains it is cold when it is 65 degrees!! Plus Steve is retired and NEVER gets out of bed before noon. So I blew off his insane thought of riding in the cold until my phone rang at 9 this morning.

Maggie? Yeah? It's me Steve, I am up and I am going to ride.... Yeah right!?! No really I am...

Here is Steve's trip report:

At the meeting last night Maggie and I were talking about how cold it was going to be this morning. Since I am usually a fair weather rider, I thought it might be fun to just see what it was like to ride in really cold weather. So I had two challenges today, one was to get up before noon and the other was to ride in really cold weather. I was out for about 20 minutes. The only problems I had were my glasses fogging, so I had to keep the visor up a little and when I took off my gloves to take the pictures, well then it was time to go home. If I had Kevin's electric heated gloves I would have stayed out a little longer. The weather channels web site for the Ballwin area stated it was 1 degree and the banks sign stated 5 degree, I am going with the weather channel.





Dude, you are Steve the Snake!! I bow down to ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on Steve. Way to represent the St. Louis Scooter Club!

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe this bank is showing Celsius temperature - then 5 degrees is not so bad ;)

Touring Motocycle Tires said...

The story actually made me smile! Steve is one funny dude! But I'm glad he finally took up the challenge and accompanied you! You should take him out to another ride and have him ride with you in the cold a little longer!