January 17, 2009

Flutter & Max Immortalized as Art

Last night I attended an art showing of my good friend Terri Willits. Terri has such great artistic vision (she has an outstanding vision with life as a whole, I am very envious!) I am in constant awe of her work. Her encaustic style is so beautiful and serene.

Her showing was at Crave Coffee House near SLU Medical Campus. Crave is located in an old city church. The setting was perfect for Terri's work.

When I arrived Rick and Bobby were there. We chatted a bit and I got up to look at Terri's work. I knew she was doing a piece on Bobby's scooter and I was very excited to see the piece. I found it on the wall. I was so taken with the theme and the colors. Bobby and I talked about his scoot and my eyes started wandering to the other pieces in the group. I looked up and thought, umm there is Max (Pete's scooter) and UMMMM there is Flutter (my Scooter).

It took my mind a few seconds to wrap around the fact that I was looking at Max and Flutter as a piece of art. There was some writing above Flutter. It was from a blog writing I made when Flutter turned 10,000 miles. At the time I had Bella as well, my second bike. I was writing about how Flutter would always be my first love. Above the bikes and the writing were pictures of places to ride and things to see.

The painting was entitled First Love. So perfect. The piece conveyed three First Loves: My love for Flutter, my love for Max (which of course is my subliminal love for Pete) and the love Pete and I share for riding.

Terri will present me with the piece after her show! I can't wait to go back and see the painting again and again!

Terri, thanks so much for the piece, I am deeply touched.


First Love




El Gallo Azul and First Love
on display at Crave STL




Bobby's El Gallo Azul

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie it was so cool!
everything was said so well and as i see comes from the hart :)

Nice!
Bobby

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for the beautiful things you wrote, Maggie. I am so glad the you and Bobby both like the pieces that I created. I am looking forward to giving them to
you both.

Terri

Touring Motorcycle Tires said...

Wow! I love the art! The two bikes look amazing on the paper. Congratulate Terri for me. Shes quite an artiste and she did justice to your bikes Maggie and Bobby!