May 20, 2008

Alto Pass, Illinois

What a great ride!!

I think our new ride saying in St. Louis is, if it ain't raining it's windy!

I am so sick of this weather, Auntie Em! Other than some wind the day was perfect.

Pete lead us over to meet Jim in Columbia, after picking Jim up we headed down the Bluff Road where the winds were not bad at all. Once in Mayestown we headed up to Rte 3 then south. Our first stop was Chester, put lots of miles under us and was time to stop.

After some refueling of our cells we were back on the bikes south towards Murphysboro.

Did anyone see the mailbox on Rte 3 south of Chester that had the pulley system to the house? Pete saw it.. I missed it. He said it was an entire 75-100 foot walk from the house to the mailbox. Perhaps the people are disabled or very lazy either way it was ingenious!

We were all looking forward to the BEST BBQ restaurant in the State of Illinois.

Here is what we found!



I thought Ed was going to get off the bike and beat me up! LOL! I said, umm there is Dairy Queen right over there.. LOL, I wish I had a picture of his face.. well that was a no go so...

I told the group to hang tight and I made two right turns and found us Tippy's! Wasn't bad, home style cooking. The rolls were sweet! As was the breaded okra and the cucumbers and onions I had! The highlight of Tippy's was Sandy walking into the rest room while occupied by Ed2. LOL her beloved Uncle says to her, no one is in there go ahead, LOL!!

Once out in the parking lot we said our good byes to Jim, he had a long way back to Litchfield! Was great to see you again, Jim! We are all looking forward to that Ramsey Lake tour very soon!

Ed2 headed over to Carbondale to see his son who just graduated!

The rest of the pack headed down Rte 127 south to Alto Pass after consuming a bottle of wine each on the terrace we were ready to camp out.. ok we really didn't drink a bottle each *sigh* made the story sound better We hung out on the open air terrace and watched the wind blow across the vineyards.



Rte 127 south of Murphysboro is very very nice. For years I have wanted to go to Little Grand Canyon Park as well as the Pomona Natural Bridge. Both of these are off 127. I am looking forward to a ride back down to this area.

After a bit of relaxing we set off back north on 127 to meet Ed2 After filling up, Pete and I said our good byes to every one and watched the gang head back to St. Louis.

Was an OUTSTANDING day!! As always was full of great fun and MUCH laughter!

1 comment:

Harley Motorcycle Tires said...

I can imagine Ed's face on seeing the Closed sign! Ha! But you sure were quick to figure out some other place before Ed could make a BBQ out o0f you. hehe... All in all, that was quite a ride.