February 24, 2008

It's Home!!

Pete on Seckman Road


Learning to Ride the Big Bike




Picked up the bike today....

1st snow.. ugh!

On the ride out to pick up the bike we were talking about which way Pete would ride back, across Lions Den or to Seckman and the highway. Coming across Lions Den and Old LeMay Ferry I looked to the left and in the ball fields I saw three deer moving at a high rate of speed. They came onto the road where there were two cars. I kid you not the one deer jumped one of the cars.. it is freaking awesome.. I said that was damn cool then said to Pete, maybe you best turn right those deer were going to the left... LOL!

Pete rode the bike back in and he did so well across Seckman! The new helmet looks really really nice on him..

Then he hopped on the highway back in to a large parking lot off Meramec Bottom road. I rode the bike a few times and felt comfortable enough to ride it home. Pete insisted on following me.. thanks Pete!!

Man this bike is flipping cool.. it rides so damn smooth! Two things I have to get use to.. the quick acceleration and the engine braking. Otherwise I felt comfortable.

As I told Pete without sounding crude the bike certainly feels big between my legs.. just a totally differing feel than my Bet and Win!

Of course upon arrival at home I HAD to wash and wax it as well as detail it.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great looking ride.

Anonymous said...

The increase in gas prices has brought a whole new line of “bikers” to the roadways. Motorists have always been inconsiderate of motorcycles on the roads, and accidents are normally due to a vehicle not yielding to a motorcyclist or them not seeing them at all. The truth is the majority of motorcycle accidents are not the motorcyclists fault. Helmets can prevent serious injury and reduce the risk of fatalities dramatically when these accidents happen. Wearing a motorcycle helmet can be fun and reflect your personality. There are helmets that have been custom painted with a personal choice of the owner. If you do not want to spend the extra bucks for a custom paint job, you can add some bling to your helmet or even some Mohawk hair, motorcycle helmet hair is a really cool way to get attention from motorists, it will be hard for them to no notice the biker with a purple Mohawk on their helmet. You can find some great Mohawk hair or biker helmet bling from www.ironhorsehelmets.com the affordable creative and fun helmet decorations are a great gift for the biker on your list this Christmas…and this Christmas I would say it is a safe bet that we all have a biker on our list.

Maggie said...

Thanks for the info! I only own about 13 helmets! I am a huge pusher of safety as is our club. We have everything big and small but push the MSF course as well as gear, full gear.

Thanks for the link!

Harley Motorcycle Tires said...

It gets to my nerves any time i wake up all psyched up but then find its snowing like never before. Sometimes i shed tears*****.
Maggie, thanks for keeping us updated, always. You are a great inspiration.