November 21, 2006

Rainy and Life *sigh*

Been awhile since I blogged about my scooter rides. A lot of rain and the colder weather has been preventing any rides. I did break down and ride today. Sun is shining so took advantage.

While awaiting better weather, I have run across two WICKED new scooters..

I will get a second scooter in the spring and have had my heart set on the Kymco Xciting 500.

I really dig the IROC blue.






Now I see these two :)


2007 Gilera GP 800



2007 Piaggio Beverly Cruiser




Life is filled with to many choices! I do like the Piaggio MP3 but I keep leaning towards more or a touring bike like the Xciting 500. But the 800cc's of the Gilera is very very tempting!

Ahh well a long way to go till spring!!

4 comments:

gem said...

What is wrong with the awesome red bike you have now!!! Enjoy it!! You do not need either of those scooters!! Give me the money to invest!! ha!! Ha!! Love:gem

gem said...

PS...because of my previous post, I had to start my own blog!!! Yikes!! Can you imagine!! Desperate Golfing Houswife!!!

Maggie said...

LOL.. you go girl. I love my little red scooter but for my longer treks it is just a tad uncomfortable. With a Kymco 500 I could ride to Naples ;)

Actually my goal is to do a two week trek out to California and back next summer.

(anyone that sees this, this is my sister Gina.)

Steve Williams said...

If this post shows up twice it is because my beta blogger account and my old blogger account don't seem to want to play well here.

Anyways, the bigger scooter would definitely be more comfortable on a long trip. For me the question comes down to what I want out of the trip. The samller scooter becomes more of a physical and mental adventure because of the challenges inherent in riding a small machine. It almost dictates secondary roads the entire way. The bigger one will allow you to spend days on the interstate highways if you wish.

I try and remember Walter Muma's moped trip to Alaska when I dream of long trips for myself.

Good luck in whatever you choose. The big Gilera would getyou there in 130MPH style!